News & Announcements
- NEW MAD SCIENCE SESSION - Mad Science and Galileo are proud to offer another session of Mad Science at Galileo all about Crayola Crayons. Please click on the link to register online OR download the form and bring it to school with the payment. Classes fill up fast, so don't delay.
Here are the details:
World of Design with Crayola
3/23-4/20 (no class on April 13)
2:45-3:45 Thursdays only
- Last Chance to Register for IMSA's February FUNshops!
- BAC February meeting dates...
- Jan 2017 - UIC NLVS Tutoring Spring 2017 - January 9th to April 21, 2017
- Jan 26, 2017 - West BAC Academic Networks Meeting: Networks 5, 6, & 7
- 12/03/2016 -School Funding Update-Take Action Now
- 12/12/2016 As we move toward the Winter break, the attached is full of virtual opportunities to keep students engaged both in and out of the classroom.
Also, the District has launched Code60+, powered by Chicago Public School’s Office of Leadership and Learning and CS4All, which builds on the national Hour of Code movement. We challenge CPS students, parents, and teachers to Code60+ and engage in multiple multiple “hours of code” activities. Once you have unlocked the “Code 60+” digital badge, you are automatically entered for a chance to win a Chromebook from CPS Connects! To access, the Code60+toolkits, click here: goo.gl/0NRuAc.
- 12/06/2016 - Galileo is proud to join the world wide effort to make Computer Science education more accessible to K-12 students through the Hour of Code, a week-long event to celebrate Computer Science Education Week (December 5-11). See what is the big deal about Hour of Code here. Parents are welcome to try the Hour of Code activities here.
- Weekly Calendar December 12th - 16th, 2016
- Oct 27th - Thank You! Day of the Dead Workshop
- Picture Day Oct 6th
- Sept 30th FAMILY MOVIE NIGHT
- Sept 27th Galileo Parent Letter
- Sept 25th - Attention 8th Grade Parents - High School Fair
- Sept 23rd - Annual Title I Parents Meeting
- Sept 22nd - Parent Letter on CTU Strike Authorization Vote
- Weekly Calendar 09 / 12 / 16
- Galileo’s Summer Learning Raffle!!
Because Learning is Year-Round!
- NLVS Tutoring - Parent Sign Up Fall 2016 - Hello Parents!
Thank you to those of you who have signed up for our tutoring program! We wanted to share that our tutoring program will continue to take place at the Roosevelt Public Library near the UIC campus (1101 W Taylor St).There is still time to join our program before the deadline on August 31! Follow this link to sign up: https://goo.gl/forms/Zt3kzc3fzn2vsmmu1
Recommended Reading List
The Chicago Public Schools K12 "2015 Recommended Reading List" is now posted at the cps.edu website to be publicly viewable. You can also access the webpage by using the provided link